Apr 30, 2011

Friends of A Lifetime !

Somewhere down time, on a busy day, 
I made good friends; who are to stay. 
The six of them I VALUE so much, 
Only death will take them from me, away. 
TOLERANCE, doctors' my blood down cool, 
Ensuring I make not me; a fool. 
"Not all will think the way you think" he says, 
"Bear in mind this; a Golden rule". 
Lord JUSTICE, who courts a balanced mind, 
Gives me his counsel; wise & kind, 
"Treat all men & women on their merits & deeds, 
And protect the innocent & weak; of mankind." 
TRUTH & HONESTY are cousins close, 
More than friends they appear to be my foes, 
They're checking me every single hour, 
Keeping me alert & on my toes. 
And PATIENCE is a funny guy. 
He always tells me "Please stand by. 
No point in jumping here & there, 
You'll end up broken; wanting to cry" 
Of all; my love for LOVE, Stands apart, 
He's taught me, caring & sharing is smart, 
I surrender to him 'cause that's what he says, 
"It pays to have a Golden Heart" 
Life is a passage; a day or two, 
Such friends will keep on telling you. 
In sorrow or in gay; alike, 
"Don't worry. We'll stay to see you through" 

Neha Garg 
Batch 2005

No comments: